Tuesday, March 18, 2008

bleaky blankness

days are going on sluggishly. hours are flying by with the speed of a sloth river.
today evening i at least embarked on a change of scenery.
i restuck my ambition chart in front of my computer desk.
this was a crazy chart which we had to make during our week long personality improvement camp conducted by the venerable thomman sir. the loony bugger told us to make the chart at the end of a full day of classes at 2 am!!! and we had to bloody well submit the well prepared chart by 6 am that morning itself!!!!

we hardly had 4 hours of break in between and we had to procure chart papers, collage materials and friggin ideas to create!!!

i never thought any of us could do it!!!! it was a bloody impossible task that was set to us!!!
but somehow we all did it!!!! my having a veritable library of india todays, frontlines, weeks, outlines and reader's digests around my messy room helped. also the lack of any glue was solved by the wide brown packing tape that i had!!!!
my collage was of a flow chart type .
it started off with abgraduation pic showing "from a successful graduation an odyssey begins". of course the words are mine but the pictures were somehow impressive!!! [ of course would i ever say otherwise?]
next arrow pointed to a man climbing a vertical rock face with my caption "no barrier too high for me".
next arrow pointed to a picture of asoka sthambha , india's seal where the caption was "in the nation's service, IPS". after all it is my stated career aim to be a civil servant.
the next arrow points to a picture of a lonely road from the perspective of a solitary driver, captioned "driving down lonely roads".
next picture is of a flame breather spitting out a cloud of flame in front of an enchanted audience!!! captioned "blazing thru obstacles".
next a picture of an arms seizure and a guy being walked around in guantanamo. being captioned "the great crackdown" and "satisfaction guarranteed" it displays my infinite hatred of terrorists plaguing india.

next is a trivial picture of a chap holding a illusory music system and with caption "njoyin da life!!!" at it.

finally there is the picture of my love and my craze,









a royal enfield bullet!!!

after all the prize has the least importance in the sequence of karma!!!!
i am a strong believer in the gita saying, karmanyeva adhikarasthe, maa faleshu kadaachana!!!!

i have had this chart with me for almost 2 years!!!! i first made it in my sixth semester. it survived my room shifting in final year and now fully 2 years later it is at my desk!!!!
how drastic life has changed in those 2 years!!!! i was a 5 back paper guy while studying in sixth semester. from then i consistently gained 8,7 and 6 back papers in my 6,7 and 8th semesters respectively!!!!

funny aint it?

my career seemed to go in such wild directions as merchant navy, networking job in IT industry and even call center industry!!!!

but my aspirations in the chart have never changed!!! IPS and the bullet bike!!!!
damn!!! i am getting serious, am i not?
bloody hell!!!!

i just hope the "graduation" thing could happen soon!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IPS um IAS um kittan degree valare athyavashyam anu mone....
Hardluck, minimum qualification for an IAS/IPS Post is a Bachelors degree.
-A well wisher